Thursday, December 1, 2016

December is the month of miracles



This page, from Sarah Ban Breathnach's Simple Abundance is my favorite page of the entire year.  I look forward to December 1st each year anticipating reading this passage.

December is the month of miracles.  The oil that burns for eight days, the royal son born in a stable and the inexplicable return of Light after the longest, darkest night of the year.  Where there is love, there are always miracles.  And where there are miracles, there is great joy.

I'm asking people close to me to look for the miracles this month.  If you don't want to wait for one, create one!  We are capable of miraculous things when we take the time to make it happen.  After Ellie had a tiring day yesterday, and she's such a good helper I asked her to help with this too.  I explained that a lot of preparation goes on for Jesus to be born this month.  Its truly all hands on deck for this event.  And here's how she can help - look for the miracles, help one another, let kindness be our first words, be someone else's miracle.  Its amazing what happens when you look for one.

Yesterday's post I shared a photo of a sunrise the day after the dark clouds.  I was so happy to see such a beautiful sunrise.  As I rounded the corner to leave the neighborhood on my commute I saw the beautiful scene in the photo below.  THAT was my miracle.  The colors, the selection and the timing all indicated to me that if you look for a miracle, you will find one.

Let's keep looking ...


No comments: