Monday, December 26, 2016
Congratulations, you're a Godmother!
Define Godmother.
Although you may not believe it, I've never been a Godmother before. An aunt, older sister, mentor, and friend to another's child, yes. But never a Godmother.
Yet another miracle. Just this week I became a Godmother to Izzy. She's pictured here with my Christmas gift. Apparently I do a decent job with feline gifts too, as she played with it for the first hour out of it's package. Izzy is not new to my gifts. She's received a Christmas present for the past three years. Truth be told, hers was the very first gift that I bought this year! I should have known good things were to come!
Izzy is the cat of a friend at work who will be out of town between Christmas and New Year's week. I will be taking care of her. Being the scaredy-cat she is, I'll be visiting her daily in her current home to ensure she has what she needs.
This will not be a first cat-sitting role for me. While I lived in Saratoga, my friend Janice and her husband bestowed upon my this role. Their cat was older and needed daily medication. She also stayed in her familiar surroundings and I checked on her daily. That worked out just fine, and I'm sure this will too.
As I ease into this Godmother role, I'm sure there will be more photos to share. Maybe even one of the two of us together. That is, if I'm able to get her out from under the couch during my daily visits!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment