Sunday, December 25, 2016
Christmas Miracles abound
As this Christmas season winds down on Christmas night, I recall the wonderful memories we've created. The love, the kindness and peace I feel as a result of so many amazing people who have touched my life differently this season.
The miracles that were created have changed me. I'm grateful for that experience and will move forward realizing the impact one person may have on another is profound. Let's look for miracles year round - there has to be a place for that!
Today we celebrated Christmas. Presents, phone calls, warm wishes and festive food were central to our day. We had temperatures in the 70's so we spent the day in shorts rather than flannel pants. Which made great weather to grill the beef tenderloin outside before finishing in the oven. It was laid back and restful. Several naps were taken.
To cap off this season I'm sharing the most recent miracles, which came by way of Christmas cards from two former members of my team. Although we no longer have a direct reporting relationship, we stay close by meeting for lunch or coffee in a mentoring arrangement. I'm so grateful for these two ladies. They make being a leader much easier.
"Merry Christmas to you and your family! You are a gift and blessing to my life. Thank you! I would not have gotten through this year and supported so much without you. May God bless you during this time of miracles."
and ....
"Dear Jude: You have no idea how grateful I am to have you in my life. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful person and ex-boss. Thank you as well for sharing your amazing stories with me. I have learned so much from you. You are a role model. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and may God continue to bless you and your beautiful family."
Wow, those were incredible reads, and so powerful. Sometimes we need those reminders that we make a difference in ways we're not even aware of ...
Christmas miracles come to a wonderful close.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment