Friday, June 20, 2014

That's my girl!

Getting her things ready for a field trip to a local park!


As many of you have heard, Ellie is independent and rather outspoken.  I believe these can be valuable traits as an adult, yet as an 8-year old they can often be cumbersome to manage!  Yet, I continue to guide and encourage her to celebrate who she is and build her confidence in what she believes.

As you can imagine that sometimes results in some level setting conversations and even more often laughter!  Above all, Ellie has a wonderful sense of humor.  Her giggles have been the sweetest sound since the very first time I heard them.  She continues to fill our life with joy.

And then she exercises her independence.

Me:  "Ellie can you pack your bag for your field trip today?  Make sure to remember your ......"

Ellie:  (hand in the air to stop me from talking), "I have it under control."

Yes, I'm sure she's heard that from me in some form or fashion at some point.  And yet, she knows exactly how to apply it when the time is right!

That's my girl .... strong and independent!

No comments: