| Here's what it looked like when it arrived .... |
As you know, Bill is the one in the family that's all about technology. Our lives are filled with Apple products that all interact and coordinate with each other - and with our lives. Ellie has certainly inherited his love of gadgets ... happy to have her own hand-me-down iPad and iPod.
Although my new gadget is not an Apple product, it does coordinate with my iMac and iPhone ... ta da, here is my new FitBit! It is an activity tracker ... counting steps, sleep patterns and ability to log food and water intake!
In doing my research of options, Nike FuelBand, FitBit and JawBone, I found the one that best worked for me was the FitBit. And off I went to order one ...
The initial goal is 10,000 steps per day. That includes whatever you do to stay active - run, walk, etc. And it tracks sleep patterns as well. There's also an option to add your water intake and a food log. It syncs with your phone for updates and a computer dashboard as well.
I loved the first time it buzzed on my arm when I hit the 5,000 step and the 10,000 step mark for the day! Alright, it surprised me the first time and I thought I did something wrong - but by the time it buzzed at 10,000 steps it was a celebration!
![]() |
| Here's the app on my phone. It showed at the end of Friday I had nearly 14,000 steps. The 36 active minutes was my morning treadmill run. |

No comments:
Post a Comment