Sunday, June 1, 2014

Celebrating all these years

Let them eat cake!
And open presents, of course ... Happy Birthday!
Each year as I celebrate another birthday, I try to both look back and look ahead for perspective of this birthday.  As I turn 48, I'm really leaning into the fact that it's just a number.  My life, when I look around is a culmination of decisions, experiences and celebrations - that have taken place along the way.  Some good, and others not as good.  Yet each one has shaped the course of my life in these forty-eight years.

In looking forward I have so much to anticipate .... our family exploring the Dallas area, experiencing my job in full swing and loving the new role, making new friends, time to visit with family and friends who are now close by ....

Honestly, what I look forward to most this summer is the opportunity to relax with a good book and a tall iced tea in our new space ... outdoor patio when the weather will allow or on the loveseat in my study!  It's been a busy year of planning and executing on the move.  Now is the time to enjoy the fruits of that labor!

This summer will be about regrouping our family.  School will be out in a week and Ellie begins summer camp.  No extracurricular activities until Fall.  Bill is traveling several weeks of the summer and truly looks forward to his 'home' time.  So the weekends we will find ourselves together and ready to explore!

What I'm learning is it's not about having a grand plan.  Expectations can sometimes leave me disappointed.  So I'm leaving the summer open for opportunities to present themselves.  And I'm sure we'll find plenty of things that appear ....

Here's to kicking off the summer in style!

No comments: