![]() |
| Josh and Ellie Best of Cousins together at Josh's HS Graduation |
Bill and Ellie are in Saratoga this weekend to celebrate Josh's High School Graduation with the entire family. The entire family, except for me. I had to remain behind in Dallas as I'm in a two week training class that didn't allow for the days off. Yet, I'm with them in spirit.
The great part is that Ellie gets to have this awesome experience of watching her cousin, whom she adores, celebrate all his hard work. She's watching the ceremony, she's partying with he and his friends and she's enjoying being involved in the whole process.
She's one that loves to have family and friends around to celebrate. I admire that in her. She's always ready for a crowd. She asked Bill on Thursday before they left for the airport, "Daddy, will the WHOLE family be there?" Yes, she was assured - and many more too!
She'll enjoy spending time with Bill's cousins and their kids. Getting to know more family than she will remember having spent time with in the past. It's a rite of passage, and I'm glad she'll have this experience to reflect back on as she grows.
Sometimes when we're in the thick of things we can't see the forest through the trees. The end and the celebration is nowhere in sight. I'm sure that's what Josh must have felt some days. The studying, the patience, the challenges of high school days all come together for him today. We recognize it with a ceremony and that moment of crossing the stage as your name is called ... and yet, it's not nearly enough to encompass all it took to get there.
I'll be able to recall these memories for Ellie when she's challenged with what may lie in front of her. She doesn't know all it took to actually get to today for Josh. She'll only see the celebration. Perhaps it's good she's seen the end so that she'll have that to look forward to on her journey.
In any event, she is happy to be a part of such a big family that loves her. And if that is what motivates her and keeps her smiling - it is already enough!

No comments:
Post a Comment