Friday, May 6, 2016

May 6 - Grace


Today the word I chose didn't come so easily.

I had to deliver disappointing news to someone last evening.  And it hurt me more to deliver than for the receiver to hear.  Having been disappointed by not being chosen for a job is a place I've been before.  Several times.  But that doesn't make it easier to hear on the other end.

I had secretly hoped today's word would be celebration.  In anticipation of this good news.  But it wasn't good news.  It was disappointing.  For both of us.

And yet the sun still came up today.  The rest of the world carried on as though nothing had happened.

In that moment of realization I knew today's word would be grace.

Not giving up, not giving in.  Not even hoping for a different decision, regretting an action or outcome.

Just grace.

We often hear great leaders say that they have been given grace at times.  Encourage us to give others grace.

So today I choose grace.  In my words.  In my actions.  In my thoughts.


No comments: