Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Field Day


When I was in elementary school we called it Blue and White Day.  And I still have visions of Billy Yeager and I running the three-legged race and being called King and Queen of the grade.  Fast forward forty-something years later.  Billy (now Bill) and his wife, Shannon have a 10-year old son, Gavin and he's the spitting image of his dad at his age.  And Ellie is participating in her own Field Day at Whitt.

Here she's pictured with Mrs. Freeman and several of her friends as they ready themselves for all the events!  Ellie ran in both the 50 meter and the 100 meter dash.

She finished first in both races!

I know!  Our little girl who said she doesn't like to run!  Well, look what happens when you want to win.

Cannot wait to see those finisher ribbons!  They will arrive after the school field trip this week.

No comments: