Saturday, October 4, 2014

Saturday already?

As I sat down to write this blog and realized I hadn't written anything since Monday I thought, "oh my goodness how is it Saturday already?"

Its not that we didn't have a busy week.  We did.  Its not that I haven't written this week.  I have.  Although I guess none of that made the blog.  I have begun the October Challenge of 500 Words Everyday - to write 500 words per day with writing prompts.  When Ellie asked what I was doing I explained that everyone needs practice.

She reads for 20 minutes every day and logs her time with a colored in square.  I log my 500 words by writing on the topic I've been given.  Its discipline I told her.  And explained that in order to get better you need to practice at something every day.  It becomes part of who you are.

"Like making your bed?"

"Yes, like making your bed!"

Discipline!

Here's the soccer shots from today.  They won 4-0 against who they thought was going to be a very hard team.  This improves their record to 5-0.  Unbelievable how good they are getting.  And by that I mean how well they are playing together as a team.  Its like a symphony when everything comes together - just beautiful!

Happy to be celebrating after the win!

What a team! - Ellie far left


She has just kicked the ball out of the other players reach!

Another action shot where she has just kicked the ball away.  You can see the players on the other team are taller than she is - doesn't stop her.  She's FIERCE!

No comments: