Thursday, October 16, 2014

Parent Teacher Conference

Ellie with Mrs. Hunter on the night before school started!

Today was Ellie's Parent Teacher conference.  And I believe I get more nervous at her conference than at my own evaluation at work.  Maybe that's because I shouldn't be surprised at mine, and I sure hope not to be surprised at hers!

Her teacher, Mrs. Hunter has been teaching for 11 years, and still looks young and energetic.  You can tell she loves to teach as much as Ellie loves to learn.

I'll share the highlights of an amazingly awesome conference.

Ellie's Strengths:  Hard worker, Participates a lot, Great handwriting and gets along well with everyone.

Mrs. Hunter's comments, "I believe it's Ellie who got all the girls to get along in class this year.  She makes friends easily and is a good friend to others."

Her reading level is at mid-4th grade level, which really impressed her teacher.  And the Oral Reading test where the target score is 87 - Ellie got 179!!!  And her math tests have her at 97% so far this year.

Her teacher is also really impressed with her handwriting.  It doesn't hurt that she entered 3rd grade knowing cursive, and has improved every day since.

We are so incredibly proud of her!

1 comment:

Aunt Lisa said...

So Proud of you Ellie! Awesome Job! LOVE YOU! Aunt Lisa XOXO