| Lori, me, Sarah and Matt (Bill is there, I promise - he's taking the photo!) Saturday, October 25th, 2014 Pete's Dueling Piano Bar |
Here's the beauty of moving around the country with State Farm - making friends wherever we go! And even better when you're able to be in a different location with some of the same people again!
The first person who interviewed me for a job at State Farm was an HR representative, Lori White. I remember advice she gave me about how to answer a question that was sure to be asked when a specific department interviewed me. I was grateful for the advice, not knowing how many times I'd give that advice to people interviewing over the years. Lori then moved to Auto Underwriting shortly thereafter and we were in the same department. I moved to Charlottesville and then Bloomington and now to Dallas.
About a year ago I got word that Lori moved to Dallas and I shot her a quick note of congratulations. I connected her with a friend of mine here to find a realtor and better understand the area. Fast forward, I reconnected with her here in Dallas and now she is dating a friend of mine from Bloomington - go figure.
Saturday night she and Franky invited Bill and I with two other couples out for a night at Pete's Dueling Pianos for singing and laughter. I hadn't seen Franky in months - although Bill played cards with Franky and his crew back in Bloomington - so this circle was getting bigger. Now enter a State Farm agent, Matt Wills who is friends with Franky - nice guy - who is dating one of the Supervisors in my department, Sarah!
Yet there are still two chairs at the table they reserved very close to the stage. In walks - CHARLIE! My good friend from Bloomington and his (new) girlfriend, Abby! WOW, this is like Seven Degrees of Separation - of me! Franky leans over and says, "everyone knows Jude!"
Needless to say a good time was had by all.
So now that we have a babysitter and a circle of friends, we have a surprise birthday party for Franky to attend on November 15th ... and the story continues!
No comments:
Post a Comment