As you can imagine I made soup, roasted vegetables, made bread and had a good time in the kitchen with my extra time off as fed my housebound family.
I also read. It was wonderful - except for the cold, of course! One of the novels I finished was Jodi Picoult's latest, The Storyteller. Its a story of the Holocaust, generations of bakers and of course, a story of survival. I was surprised and thrilled to find a recipe for sweet rolls at the end of the novel.
They were absolutely delicious. A yeast, sweet dough that is filled with a wonderful combination of bittersweet chocolate and cinnamon. And imagine those with your second cup of coffee on a snowy, cold morning. They were amazing!
Here's a link to the recipe in case anyone might be interested. It's attached to the publisher's website. I also found a link to a recipe for Challah. That would be a really interesting change to making my traditional bread one weekend.
Enjoy!
Recipe to Minka's Rolls.
No comments:
Post a Comment