Sunday, November 24, 2013

Anticipation ...

Trying on glasses - with an attitude!

Frosted Snowman Cookie at Starbucks



As this coming week is the week of Thanksgiving, we have lots to get done in anticipation of Grammy and Papa arriving on Wednesday!  Some of that is organizing, some of that is shopping, and some is just getting those errands done that we'd normally get done on a Saturday!

So as you can see Ellie loves to go to the eyeglass place … and, no, she doesn't need glasses, and isn't getting any.  Bill and I both had Medical Reimbursement money left in our account to use before the end of the year so new glasses we got!

And while Bill was waiting for his, Ellie and I slipped next door to Starbucks to enjoy a gift card I found in an old purse!  Bonus!  She got a snowman cookie and I got a Caramel Brûlée Latte…. to share of course … with Bill when we got back to the glasses place.

Her own salad with greens, pears, Craisins, parmesan and carrots!
So the shopping is done .. mostly .. the rooms are ready .. and the house is groomed in anticipation of their arrival.  There has been finishing touches put on the basement, and serving pieces unearthed from far away hiding places.  There is a full fridge and freezer ready to begin the Thanksgiving visit as well.

We have a couple of crafting and baking adventures for Ellie and Grammy, while Papa catches up with Bill in the Man Cave basement.  Oh, the fun we'll have …..

1 comment:

Aunt Lisa said...

I can't wait to visit!!!!!