Today is KB's birthday. He's someone I've adopted as a father figure in the last several years. He's not my Dad, but one of a close friend's. He's a great Dad, a successful Executive, a generous and caring man who loves baseball, golf and helping others. He also doesn't have a daughter and mentioned he doesn't see grandchildren in his future anytime soon ... so I see an opening here!
His birthday January 7th, makes today's date 1 - 7 - 17 ... Hmmmm, isn't that interesting!
I have believed for a long time that you create a family along your journey. There's no legal document in place, just a commitment of the heart. We take care of those who are family. Those that matter to us. The ones who have touched our lives, and accept us for exactly who we are right now.
Wishing him peace, love, health and happiness to mark his birthday today!

No comments:
Post a Comment