Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015


On my very first Mother's Day, Ellie was baptized.  It was 9 years ago.  This photo captured an amazing connection that I felt with her.  We just looked into each other's eyes and we knew we'd changed each others lives.  I remember thinking, "I got you..." and feeling her right back, "I got you too."

That feeling has never diminished.   Nine years later we're still celebrating Mother's Day - different than in years past.  But celebrating none-the-less.

Today we had powerful storms plow through North Texas.  Lots and lots of rain, wind, thunder and lightening.  And for the first time since we've been here - we lost power.  On a Sunday morning for just a couple hours.  And the three of us lounged on the couch, Ellie reading to us by the light of her flashlight.

They filled my day with lots of celebrating - flowers, gifts, chocolate covered strawberries, and beef tenderloin with baked potatoes and grilled portobellos for dinner!  What a wonderful day that we never left the house!

And, yes, it is still raining!  But it doesn't matter to us.  We have each other and we're together!

No comments: