![]() |
| Pork Carnitas |
| Looking over the Racing Form online |
What an amazing weather day in Dallas! Temps in the low 80's and not the least bit humid. I could have spent the day outdoors. Except I didn't. Our plans were inside - with Ellie recovering and the big race on in the afternoon.
With Cinco de Mayo around the corner I wanted to prepare a grab and go Mexican treat. I shopped Saturday morning for all the supplies to make Pork Carnitas! That worked great for our indoors plans as I slow-cooked a pork shoulder all day, and prepared all the 'colors' to complete the dish - guacamole, limes, cilantro, tomatoes and shredded cheese. They were a hit!
We did not do so well picking horses for the Derby! Of course Bill had American Pharaoh and Dortmund in the mix ... but he also had Carpe Diem. I, on the other had got laughed at with my pick of Danzig Moon ... which was just edged out in the end ... for fifth! Oh well, we had luck earlier in the day ... And fun routing for Dame Dorothy knowing the Bobby Flay connection!
And the best part was that Ellie felt better! She even found solstice in her game room playing Barbies and playing Monopoly! So great to see her back to herself again ... and boy, am I looking forward to her heading back to school on Monday for a real dose of reality!

No comments:
Post a Comment