Friday, January 23, 2015

Report Card Time

Dawn and Robin with Ellie and I
at the Whitt Elementary School Friday assembly

Ellie's Perfect Attendance award 

Ellie and Robin earlier in the week!


We are halfway through the school year, can you believe it!  Amazing how time flies - that's for sure! Ellie was receiving an award (or two) this week and we were thrilled to be there to see it all happen.  We walked her to school at 7am, came home for about 45 minutes and walked back to school for the assembly.

Third grade was from 8:10 - 8:40am.  We were fortunate to see Ellie as she entered the cafeteria to find her seat.  We had found chairs in the front row!

We listen for the names we knew - Kalyna Copper, Robin Schuler, Aubrey, and Addison.  And during all our photos of Ellie receiving her awards for A-B Honor Roll, Perfect Attendance and No Tardies I sensed I might know the woman next to me ... so I waited to see who she took pictures of when they headed up for an award.

When she snapped a picture of one of two childen I leaned over and said, "are you Robin's mother?"  She was surprised and said, 'yes.'  "Oh my goodness," I said, "I'm Jude!"  We laughed and hugged at the same time - because 'we're related', of course! Which is what Ellie keeps telling me!

Dawn is Uncle Gary's niece - and they live around the corner with a daughter in 3rd grade like Ellie.  In fact this past week Dawn went to school for lunch and Ellie marched her way over to the two of them to introduce herself to Dawn - "I'm so excited we're related!" she told her!

What a great morning to receive awards and meet our new 'relatives'!

No comments: