
One of the nights during our weekend Ellie and I found a way to mark National S'mores Day without Bill being home to turn on the grill. We're very resourceful girls ... and we used chop sticks to hold the marshmallow and roasted them at the gas stove.
She had a ball! Just one of the funny things we do to celebrate in our house.
As we were all in the kitchen this morning getting ready to leave Bill said, "Uhff, today is going to be hard." He was referring to his first day back at work after his desk has been relocated to a different part of the building and he's been out for the past few days. I understood, adjustments can be hard.
Ellie said, "Daddy, you know Mommy always tells me that if you believe it's going to be okay - it will be." We all looked at each other and she continued, "You have to enjoy things while they're happening and not be sad when they're over."
"And Daddy, you can do this!"
I was overjoyed.
And I wasn't sure if I was so thrilled because she does actually listen to me, or that she knew exactly what to say what I have been saying to her.
She's a gem, that one! And a smart one at that.

No comments:
Post a Comment