Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day of 3rd Grade

Outside of her school - Whitt Elementary

In the hallway heading to class!


Today was the day.

First day of 3rd Grade.  She didn't want to go to sleep last night she was so excited.  And she was up very early, very excited!  She loved her first day .. they did the classroom change without issue, the met their new gym teacher and had lunch with their class at a new time.  Lots and lots of changes.

And when I asked how the switching classrooms went she told me, "I liked going to Mrs Jenkins room.  There's lots of zebra print there."  And what did you do while you were there I asked?  "We learned all about expectations of us this year"

Wow, I thought, this is really something.

"And what are your expectations?" I continued.

"Just one thing Mommy.  That's it." she told me.

"Really?  Just one thing.  What is it?" I asked extremely curious.

"RESPECT.  That's it."

So of course I broke out into song, R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me .... you know the song.

She didn't find me funny.  But that's happened before.

Tomorrow is another day.  I'm sure she'll have more adventures to talk about.

No comments: