Every morning and every evening I talk to Ellie and Bill. They share will me the daily stories of what is happening in their world. Ellie has very few words. She loves to end every conversation with "Adios Amigo!" Which I find very funny!
I talked to Bill after Ellie went to bed last night and said, "Now, tell me how it's really going?" He said, "its fine, really. But she doesn't listen that well and she's like a tornado around here making a mess." REALLY!? I had no idea!? This is the same child we've raised for the past 5 years .. she's always been headstrong, doesn't listen and constantly creates a mess. Apparently I must have cleaned them all up so quickly that Bill never noticed! :)
Ellie has been struggling staying in her own bed at night. She finds a reason to go bunk in with Daddy .. bad dreams, there might be a bug in my room, etc ... So the past two mornings I've asked, "Where did you sleep last night?" When she answered, "My own bed - the whole night" this morning I said, "Terrific now that's two nights in a row so that's two prizes you've earned."
She said, "Mommy that's the second time you've told me. Since two and two equal four, that's how many presents I'll get!" I'm not sure whose math that is, but I made sure I have a ton of presents for her when she and Bill arrive in Bloomington in 9 days!!
No comments:
Post a Comment