Saturday, May 27, 2017

Happy Birthday Weekend


The beauty of a holiday weekend preceding a birthday is the opportunity to use that time your best advantage.  Such is the case this weekend.  Memorial Day weekend!

So celebrate I ordered cupcakes from my favorite cupcake-baking neighbor, Melissa!  She has a great system that she'll post what flavors have been ordered for the week or weekend and let us tag on with a cupcake or two!  I usually wait for the best flavors and then place an order.  At that point I'll find an occasion to be celebrating.

I love that Melissa also takes prayer requests for her cupcakes as well.  She considers her baking a spiritual practice and allows us to influence what she prays about during the baking.

The flavors above include both Bill and Ellie's favorites - which makes it so much nicer to share!

Strawberry Sensation - strawberry cake with strawberry frosting - Bill's favorite
Brilliant Butterfingers - butterfingers in the batter cupcake with toffee and butterfingers buttercream
Tuxedo - (black and white), Dark chocolate cupcake with cream cheese frosting - Ellie's favorite

We enjoyed them a 1/4 cupcake at a time ... never a whole cupcake .. but slices like a cake!

Delicious!!

No comments: