Saturday, May 6, 2017

Family

Poppy(age 67) and Gram (age 61)



Family.
My paternal grandfather and my maternal grandmother.  
Most of my memories are of them without my other grandparents as they died when I was a child.  
They are so happy here ... celebrating .. outside St. Peter's Church in Saratoga.
I like to remember them happy.
It's hard for me to look at this photo and not see myself. 
Gram is only 10 years older in the photo than I am now.
The days may drag, but the years fly by.

Ellie has the same arrangement.
Papa and Grammy.
Her paternal grandfather and her maternal grandmother.
Life repeating itself.
How happy she is between the two of them!  
Surrounded in love.
Isn't that how each day should be?
Family.




Papa, Ellie and Grammy
2011 - Thanksgiving

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Jude - Wow - Life does repeat - I didn't realize the similarities until you spelled it out about your Mom & Bill's Dad and Gram & Poppy. Great picture of both of them. Wow again - when I think that you are only 10 years younger than Gran in this picture ... Just think, I'm her age (61) now! Love you - Aunt Debb