Saturday, November 26, 2016
Saturday in the Park
As I thought about the choices we had for the day after Thanksgiving with Papa, and after several days of eating a lot of holiday fare, I kept my plan on the down low until it was time. On Friday the sun was shining and the air was cooler than in past weeks. Seemed like the perfect day to spend a couple hours walking the gardens of the Arboretum in Dallas.
Although it was a school holiday, and many must have had the day off, it wasn't overcrowded. It was just right. Many of the pumpkin areas had transitioned to the 12 Days of Christmas displays with moving life-size scenes. Christmas music played from the speakers and the sun shone just right for many autumn photos to be taken!
I'm not sure the choice to visit was entirely popular, yet I promised fresh air, sunshine and a brisk walk to left us from the holiday food drowsiness. Ellie wasn't convinced either, until she got there, and then she loved it. Floating from one area to the next finding new things, colors, scenes that fascinated her.
After just under two hours we went home where the boys went upstairs to the media room to 'watch t.v.' which is code word for snooze! Ellie and I looked through pictures, made some Christmas plans and put away the Thanksgiving recipes and dining room decor.
We finished our day together with dinner at Bob's Chop House in Plano. It was a wonderfully grown-up dinner that Ellie loved! Although she didn't partake in a steak, she loved her salad, lobster bisque and over-sized baked potato. Papa's rack of lamb was superb and Bill and I both enjoyed our filets cooked just right! It was a lovely evening with Frank Sinatra playing in the background reminding us of a memorable dinner in Las Vegas years ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment