Thursday, September 22, 2016

In the sky



The Texas sky is the most fascinating thing both morning and evening.  It provides colors and shapes like no other sky we've seen before.  We love the wide open spaces to watch sun rises, sun sets and the moon and stars.  Its also put us closer to wildlife .. and the beauty of nature.

The other day Ellie and I were riding in the car and a beautiful, big red-tailed hawk fly right in front of us.  We both saw it and squealed!  No one was harmed during the course of this adventure, I promise.  Not us or the hawk.

"Mommy, did you see that?!??!"  she cried.

"Yes, wasn't it gorgeous," I responded.

"What do you think it means?" she wanted to know.

So we looked it up in the book when we got home.  It was profound that we saw it on the Autumnal Equinox according to the book and it means to keep on the lookout for new ideas and begins a season of hope for those who see it.

More than anything I was thrilled that instead of getting excited when Justin Beiber comes on the screen, that my girl was so excited to see a red-tailed hawk!  So, so proud!!

No comments: