Saturday, September 10, 2016
Girls' Weekend
Bill was in New York for a Fathers & Sons Yankee weekend, which left Ellie and I to make our own fun! Friday night we read, watched a movie and ate pizza. Saturday was her first soccer game of the season - but it was rained out. Plan B.
What better to do on a rainy Saturday then go to the library! Which is exactly what we did. She said, "I'm 10 now so I'm going over to the kids' section by myself. Come find me when you're done." And so she did.
I browsed audio books for the car, movies for the weekend and browsed the new releases. When I arrived in the kids' section to find her she was working the card catalog! What a girl - I said, "Aunt Maureen would be proud of you!" And she smiled.
She found exactly what she was looking for .. and then some. So we brought our movies and books home to enjoy our sushi lunch and look forward to chicken nachos for dinner!
And a good time was had by all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment