Friday, February 19, 2016

Happy Birthday Bill!


Last weekend Lyndsey and Grant came for dinner and brought a delicious box of cupcakes as a special Valentine's treat for Ellie.  We fell in love with them and decided to order more to celebrate Bill's birthday.

Melissa from ConfectionPerfection lives in the Woodbridge development just across 78.  She runs this cupcake business in a very organized and wonderful way.  I met her whole family when I picked up at her front door on Friday afternoon.  Her daughter just turned 10 last week and was off to a dance event.  Her son was meeting another family for soccer and her husband was going out the door to drop them both off - bags in hand.

We chatted for several minutes exchanging stories.  She spotted my State Farm access badge and I shared that is what brought us to Dallas.  She said, "this is probably a long shot but there's a State Farm family two doors down that we adore.  Do you know the Shaver family?"  And of course I said, 'yes I do!"

All these wonderful things that happen - by chance or by choice - continue to remind me that life is about connection.  Each day brings a new opportunity.  And I welcome those chances!

No comments: