Sunday, October 25, 2015
What to do in the rain?
Ellie and I had the day to ourselves on Friday to make some fun while Bill was off to the office for the day - lots of his team was participating in an OT day.
So off we went to a new library. We normally visit Sachse Library because that's our mailing address. Yet, when I found out that Wylie Library is bigger and brighter, I knew it was just the cure for a rainy day!
We arrived early and got started. Of course in the rain and so early there were few people around which allowed us to wander about freely. What a great family spot. A huge story time room that is framed by a huge tree. Lots of activity and community rooms, and plenty of spots to just sit and flip through books. And need I say, the kids' section is big and bright with these great walk up card catalogs!
Ellie is eagerly awaiting the new release of Dork Diaries. I believe this is #11, or could be #12. She's read them all. It arrived on shelves this past Tuesday. And I have promised her she'd have it in time for our flight to California. Barnes and Nobel sent me a note on Tuesday that it was en route .. so it should arrive anyway. And, no, there were no copies on the shelf either. I guess she's not the only pre-teen eager to read the next in the series!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment