Sunday, April 19, 2015
It's always about the food
Today was a trip to Williams Sonoma. At Bill's suggestion. Whodda thought, huh?
I'll back up.
We invited the Schuler's for dinner on Saturday night. Bill wanted to perfect his brisket smoking technique and they were the best guinea pigs we could find! No, not really. We really wanted to have them over so the kids could play and the grown ups could laugh and eat. Good thing for us is that we discovered they love a good smoked meat too!
So Bill smoked an 8 lb. brisket and a much smaller boneless turkey breast during the day. We added cowboy baked beans, cornbread and cole slaw to round out our offering. I even found all the supplies to make s'mores with the kids. Not sure if you're all aware but they actually make square marshmallows now specifically for s'mores. We're so lucky!
In any event, we had a wonderful time. We laughed and the kids played. We shared margaritas and enjoyed BBQ like really old friends.
Which led Bill on Sunday to say, "we should go to Williams Sonoma for a new meat thermometer." And I actually stopped listening after 'we should go to Williams Sonoma .....' because it didn't matter what we we're going to find. We were going. That's what mattered. And in the end I knew this would result in something new and exciting for my kitchen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment