When she went to school she learned about what 9/11 means and what it means to remember on this day. She told me stories of what she learned. She knew more than I expected about planes, people dying and buildings crumbling.
I thought it was a good time to tell her the story of her father, and the kind of man he is. I told her on the morning of 9/11 I was on a plane from Albany to Atlanta. And when I landed all the planes were grounded. People were confused and sad. I told her although Daddy and I weren't married, he got in a car and drove the 14 hours from Albany to Atlanta to make sure I was safe, and drive me home.
She cried.
She hugged me and ran to her Daddy and hugged him. She said she was so happy he saved me.
We talked about how we remember today, and how we take care of each other. Always.
Here's Ellie saying her prayer. She asked if I would post it today, for September 11th so it could be a prayer for all the people that died. And for the people still here who loved them.
I thought that was a wonderful idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment