Saturday, August 3, 2013

Ellie's Independence

"Off to the Fair!"


Today is the day that she goes to the McLean County Fair with Olivia and her family!  She was up at the crack of dawn and wanted to know when they were picking her up.  She didn't fuss when it was time to get dressed or do her hair.  She really wanted to go!

She knows her name, address, phone number, parents names and who she is with ... but of course I still worry!  So I wrote all that out and put it on a piece of paper in her pocket.  She said, "I know Mommy, this is in case I get lost."  And I said, 'But you're not going to get lost!"

And off she went hand in hand with Olivia to climb into their SUV.  It's beautiful weather and the girls talked of corn dogs and carnival rides.  I know they will have a blast!

UPDATE:
Here's a shot from the fair ... of course we got a text with the picture that she/they were behaving well too!  I just hope she comes home with both flip-flops, because she insisted she didn't want to wear sneakers and socks!

Ellie on the outside (on her belly) and Olivia on the inside one.
They're still in one piece .. Ellie on the inside, Olivia on the outside of the Sno-Bobs ride!

No comments: