Saturday, July 6, 2013

Summer, Summer, Summertime

Strawberries and Cream Frozen Pops!

Love these cornfields!~ Morton, IL


This summer we really seem to be enjoying all that the heat of the Mid-West brings to us.  Ellie and Bill have enjoyed the pool most weekends since Memorial Day... sometimes with friends and always with lots of sunscreen and laughter.  They both love to be in the water.

We've also enjoyed a more temperate (not a drought) season with the wonderful corn more than knee-high by the fourth of July.  I've grown to love the look of unending fields of beautiful green corn.  The soybeans are beautiful in their own right too.  Much lower to the ground and a deeper green that is like a flowing carpet in the deep Summer.

But the corn.  I love the cornfields.  Those little seedlings in the spring and the wonderful tall stalks by this time in July.  Oh, the corn.  We've also enjoyed lots of summer food as well .. of course, sweet corn, grilled steaks and chicken outdoors and now our new treat, frozen fruit pops!

Yesterday while Ellie was enjoying the Bounce House and Water Day at Bright Horizons I made this bright strawberry desserts!  She was overjoyed and can't wait to come up with new flavors since, although delicious, she though my choice of just strawberries and cream somewhat boring!  "Can't we use mixed berries?"  "Of course we can, I only had strawberries - that's why I made them!"


No comments: