| Read to hit the pool with new racing suit and water balls. |
| Catching a glimpse of her reading the Kindle! |
Ellie has two finalists for favorite Summer activities ... swimming and reading! She wants to go to the pool as often as possible, and even talked me into going with them this afternoon ... what a hot day to welcome a swim!
And her interest in reading has grown beyond our trips to the library. She's been tracking her books for a Barnes and Noble reading contest. Read 8 books and she earns a free paperback. When she finished #8 last night we were off today to claim her book.
She happily chose one that's in a series, The Adventures of Captain Underpants! Although Nancy Clancy and Ramona Quimby, Age 8 were also choices, she had final pick.
And one more detail to the reading weekend. I decided to charge my Kindle for the upcoming roadtrip to Saratoga. I have a couple books in my pile, but also a few electronically as well. As soon as it was charged, Ellie asked if she could try. So I downloaded a sample of a kids' book - which lasted all of 10 minutes. So we carefully went through the list and purchased a book from a different series, The Dork Diaries .. and she's had that Kindle under her arm every where she goes!
"Can we share it?' she asked. "I guess so ....." I said, but I have a funny feeling that just as the iPad before this, she will claim my Kindle for her own! Perhaps instead of Toys R Us gift cards, she'll now ask for Amazon ones instead!
No comments:
Post a Comment