Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday, Sunday

Several things are happening at our house this weekend ... we find ourselves without official 'plans' in place .. which leads us to make our our adventures!

1)  Ellie has made a fort at the bottom on the stairs with blankets and stuffed animals.  This is not the bottom of the stairs into the basement, but the stairs from the first floor up to the second floor.  Even though she has an entire basement, this is the place for her to 'land'!  Makes getting the laundry up and down the stairs a bit of a challenge, but she's happy!

2)  Bill and I shared the kitchen making a couple of our favorites together.  I made a crock pot of pulled pork and a homemade coleslaw to have with crusty rolls.  Bill made his mushroom stuffed artichokes to go with them!  And of course it wouldn't be complete without a little dessert.  Jody passed along a Pear Tart recipe that she made at her book club ... so I swapped the apricot jam that the recipe called for and made a red raspberry glaze instead!  Delicious!!

3)  Ellie also received her very first official pack of baseball cards.  She enjoyed them more than I thought she would!  She can't wait for more!

Genovese-style Artichokes

Pear Tart with Raspberry Glaze

Ellie's new resting place

Between the posts on the stairs

First baseball cards of the season!

No comments: