Sunday, March 10, 2013
Cars and Cards
This weekend brought adventure for the whole family. As you can see from the picture - Bill got a new car! Finally that 2006 Ford 500 is gone! Although last night Ellie said, "I wish I'd had the chance to say good bye to the blue car. I went places in that car!"
His new ride is a 2010 Ford Taurus. Lots of bells and whistles and of course, it's white! White is the new black he tells me. We took an inaugural ride in it yesterday afternoon after he picked it up. Nice ride! So glad he's happy with it.
Sunday brought lots of rain and indoor activities for us. I made a couple pots of soup and homemade rolls for dinner. Between rounds in the kitchen I taught Ellie a game I loved from my childhood.
Rummy 500!!
Those of you who've known me a long time may recall I would play cards non-stop as a kid with anyone who would sit long enough for me to coerce them into it. My favorite game was Rummy. Well I've created a monster now. Ellie just loves Rummy. "Daddy I can teach you now since Mommy said she's tired of playing!"
So apparently she's graduated from Uno, and moved onto the big girl cards! I still say it's a nice change from the t.v. and video games!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment