I turned 46 today. Now I'm officially closer to 50 than 40. Hmmm .... This year has been such a great one for me and for our family. Ellie has thrived in Kindergarten, adjusted to our new location, making friends and having so much fun!
Bill has adjusted to a new job, new location and new friends and is a new slimmer self 5 months into the year. I, too, feel so good about where we are, and where we're headed.
My greatest gift during the last year was the people in my life. Beginning with my family .. the one that lives with me! They are my greatest joy. My family, extended family and friends far and wide. And instead of moving to IL feeling as though I had to give up friends, I continued some wonderful friendships and have been lucky enough to make several meaningful friendship in just the year I've been here.
I continue to remind myself - a life well lived is not about the car you drive, the purse you carry or the clothes you wear. To me it's the relationships you nurture and the causes you dedicate your time to that creates the legacy you leave behind. And that means the most to me. I'm grateful for another wonderful year!
No comments:
Post a Comment