Saturday, January 23, 2010

Seems it's another Saturday again ..






Although it wasn't an early start to today ... we seemed to have the right combination of activity and rest. I promised Ellie we'd visit a new branch of the library today. I haven't quite been happy with the few branches I've visited. Today was a welcome surprise to the Gordon Ave Library. It was complete with a huge kid's area - lots of small tables and a great big area of cushioned, bench seats surrounding a big bay window. I parked Ellie and Bill there while I found my way around. We took home several kids' books and movies. En route home we stopped into a place we've been meaning to try, but just haven't done it. C'ville Coffee is a great little location that you'd never expect what's inside, while you're still outside. They have a tremendous sandwich board (which is right up Bill's alley) and a wonderful kids area (you can see the giant wooden turtle for kids to climb on - on this link). We ordered our sandwiches to take home and while we waited Ellie enjoyed the other kids and the toys. We'll go back .. as you can see lots of shelves of books and folks with laptops, just hanging out. I liked it!

After lunch and naps (while I continued studying for an insurance exam) Ellie and I made brownies in our new pan from Aunt Lisa. You'll see the photos here that Ellie loved every minute of it!

No comments: