Saturday, March 11, 2017
Vacation comes to an end
I love the app that allows you to put your 'best nine' in one photo capture. Its often harder to figure out which ones to leave out! Here's an assortment of the best of our vacation to Destin, FL last week.
If you only had these photos to use to summarize the trip I believe you'd see: sunshine, smiles, beach and beverages!
This trip was different from the rest. Less adventure and more laughter. Less being late and more holding hands. Less reservations and more snacks of fruit and cheese.
Bill asked me several times if this was boring. Heck, no! This was perfect. Everything in moderation - and I mean everything! Togetherness, sunshine, cocktails, eating out, structure, plans, and even seafood!
We had a wonderful week. The weather was phenomenal. Much better than we anticipated. There were walks on the beach, hours at the pool, some eating out, even more eating in, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for our special occasion night out, sunrises and sunsets, cocktails by the pool, more bottles of water, taking advantage of recommendations and finding our own favorites too.
Somehow we all found time together and apart. Ellie spent more time in her room by herself than ever before. Bill and I spent time each morning on the deck watching the water with our coffee. The two of them went to the pool each morning while I did my 3-mile walk on the beach solo. It was a variety of activities with a rhythm only we seemed to understand.
We bring back to our reality - wonderful memories, sunburns, shells and sand, a renewed sense of one another and of a family as well as the adventure of a new place we look forward to visiting again and again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment