Saturday, November 7, 2015
Blue Bell Returns
If you don't live in Texas, you don't really understand how good ice cream can really be! Blue Bell had some troubles this year with a listeria outbreak, laying off hundreds of people while two huge plants closed for many months (like 6 months!) and all the while Blue Bell stayed above water. They have an amazingly loyal fan base, of which we belong.
These are actually half gallons .. not somewhat shy of a half gallon ... but an actual half gallon filled with wonderful, ice cream goodness.
No, Stewarts isn't better, no Haagen Daas isn't better. You have to be here to truly understand the impact of Blue Bell. So the first day it was available Ellie and I went to get some. And there was a two gallon limit. So we went to two stores, silly! That's what I call problem solving.
I can honestly say I've never had 4 half gallons of ice cream in the house at once, but THIS was a special occasion! BLUE BELL WAS BACK!
And Grammy was coming to our house ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment