Thursday, February 5, 2015
Practice Pies
One of my supervisors at work tells the story of every year at this birthday his mom would ask, "Jeremy, what kind of cake do you want for your birthday this year?" and every year he'd say, "I don't want cake. I want a cherry pie." And she'd make a cake. Which makes me laugh!
My team has also asked that we celebrate more in 2015 - which I completely agree with! So last team meeting I made a German Chocolate Cake to celebrate both Andi and Alberto's birthdays within the same week! Good timing.
Next team meeting we're going out to lunch to celebrate more changes on the team. And the following team meeting we'll celebrate Jeremy's birthday with cherry pies. But this is not something I've made before. So I knew I needed to make practice pies at some point. And truth be told I didn't know if I made them for home I'd even like cherry pie!
So when I found out that Jeremy's parents were going to visit the new building on Friday and his dad's favorite is, guess what, cherry pie! I couldn't resist making practice pies to share with them. One container for his parents and one container with practice pies for him.
For the team meeting I'm thinking I'll do part cherry pies and part apple pies - since I'm sure that not every one favors cherry to apple ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment