| "Sister Mugs" |
There is one friend in particular who has been there for me, day in and day out. We meet regularly every other Friday morning for coffee and talk about what's happened in the previous two weeks. We've mentored each other through work situations, shared mom stories and swapped articles and book suggestions.
I felt it most fitting to paint two mugs in opposite colors that reflect the color in each other. Which is what she does for me. She reminds me what is important and supports me in the challenges I share with her. I will give her one of these "Sister Mugs" on Friday when we meet, and I will keep the other. This way we will each have one to remind us of the other.
They are blue and green, with two little yellow flowers on each. Those flowers are us - each of us. They represent the way we have bloomed during our time over the last couple years. And they have such promise of continuing to grow - like our friendship, like our careers, like our lives.
I know we will stay in touch. I will see to that. And as I pour coffee in the mug that I keep, I'll always think of her and all we've shared!
No comments:
Post a Comment