Saturday, May 21, 2011

New beginnings always require endings ...


Last evening Ellie graduated from ABC Preschool. As Bill and I sat in the audience we looked around thoughtfully recalling when we first brought her here two years ago. It was so unlike anyplace we'd been. "This wasn't Trudi's house!" I remember thinking. Gosh she'll get lost in all these kids, in so many classrooms! But she didn't. She learned, she grew, she flourished!

I've learned that kids adapt and will succeed in so many situations. Everyday is a change to them! When Bill & I moved her to Charlottesville we gradually adapted to the people and the changes. She had new, exciting stories every day. She accepted everything so easily.

I'm so very proud of her. She's smart, witty, funny and has amazing negotiation skills! She knows what she wants, enjoys being part of our 3-man team and is already ready for a new adventure.

Here's to adventures! We're about to embark on another one ....

1 comment:

Aunt Lisa said...

Kids are amazing!!!! Also she is in my top 2 amazing kids list. Congrats! Love you!