Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day 2011


I explained Earth Day to Ellie this morning how we use today to remember to take care of the planet. I explained even she can help to reduce water and energy use.

"How Mommy?" she asked.

"When you brush your teeth you turn off the water instead of leaving it on when you're brushing. And when you leave a room, like your bedroom, you remember to turn the light switch off. This helps reduce water and energy use," I told her.

"Okay, Mommy." she said cheerfully at the top of the stairs as we descended.

At the bottom she yelled out, "Daddy don't you know it's Earth Day! You didn't turn off the light in the dining room!"

That's not exactly how I hoped it would go .... but I do hope she remembers to shut off her bedroom light more often!

1 comment:

Aunt Lisa said...

OMG I laughed out loud, I could just hear her yelling DADDY did'nt you know....................