I'm not sure why this number is a challenge. "40's are great" as I tell all my friends yet to arrive in that decade. But today 44 feels as though there's much left to do, to say, to experience. I decided as an "ode to 44" I'd recognize some of the great things I've already experienced & hold dear, and commit to do more in the years to come ....
* climbed the highest peak in NYS (elev. 5,344)
* traveled to Alaska
* flown the Concorde (it traveled twice the speed of sound!)
* hugged Oprah
* celebrated the sunset at Key West
* touched the Coliseum in Rome
* had a drink in the oldest pub in London
* returned to college and earned my degree at age 37
* watched Ray Bourque hoist the Stanley Cup
* visited 3 MLB parks, 3 NFL stadiums and saw my 1st NHL game in 2008 (Nassau Colisseum - Islanders)
* have great friends, teachers, mentors and confidantes far and near
* family that mean so much - some who share my name, some who share the memories
* an amazing husband who makes me laugh and feel safe everyday
* a miracle daughter who changed my life when she arrived, and every day since!
For the years to come I will continue to celebrate the great people, places and experiences I encounter. As I'm reminded as I turn another page in the birthday book, it's the legacy you leave behind that counts.
No comments:
Post a Comment